Latest CRA Update: Is the Tax Deadline Extended Again in 2021?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) moved the tax deadlines, filing and payments, for the 2019 taxes due to the COVID-19. Most individuals had until June 30, 2020 to file returns, while the tax payment extension was up to September 30, 2020.
We’re on the second wave of coronavirus and a new tax season is at hand. However, the CRA hasn’t announced an extension in 2021, similar to last year. Taxpayers have until the regular yearly deadline, or April 30, 2021, to file tax returns and pay taxes owed to the government for the 2020 income year.
Original Article Source Credits: The Motley Fool , https://www.fool.ca/
Article Written By: Christopher Liew, CFA
Original Article Posted on: February 17, 2021
Link to Original Article: https://www.fool.ca/2021/02/17/latest-cra-update-is-the-tax-deadline-extended-again-in-2021/
- » CRA to Retirees: 5 Ways to Avoid the 15% OAS Clawback
- » Attention! The CRA Is Extending the $2,000/Month CRB to 38 Weeks
- » Tax preparers and professionals: Here’s what you need to know for the 2021 tax-filing season
- » Canada Revenue Agency: Big Changes Coming to Your 2021 Income Tax Bracket
- » ‘Fear and uncertainty:’ What to expect from your 2021 taxes
- » Latest CRA Update: Is the Tax Deadline Extended Again in 2021?
- » CRA 2021 Update: Dont Forget to Claim the $500 Digital News Tax Credit!
- » Top Five Things To Look For When Hiring A Chartered Professional Accountant