Latest CRA Update: Is the Tax Deadline Extended Again in 2021?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) moved the tax deadlines, filing and payments, for the 2019 taxes due to the COVID-19. Most individuals had until June 30, 2020 to file returns, while the tax payment extension was up to September 30, 2020.
We’re on the second wave of coronavirus and a new tax season is at hand. However, the CRA hasn’t announced an extension in 2021, similar to last year. Taxpayers have until the regular yearly deadline, or April 30, 2021, to file tax returns and pay taxes owed to the government for the 2020 income year.
Original Article Source Credits: The Motley Fool , https://www.fool.ca/
Article Written By: Christopher Liew, CFA
Original Article Posted on: February 17, 2021
Link to Original Article: https://www.fool.ca/2021/02/17/latest-cra-update-is-the-tax-deadline-extended-again-in-2021/
- » Meet The Face Behind Saklas & CO., CPAs
- » Solving Common Problems That Most Small Businesses Face
- » Season’s Greetings From Saklas & Co., CPAs
- » Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Tax Return
- » TFSA Users: You Could Pay 15% Tax on Dividends With 1 Costly Mistake
- » Tax-Saving Tips For Canadian Taxpayers
- » The CRA gives a chilling assessment on accidental TFSA overcontributions
- » Sources of retirement income