CRA 2021 Update: Dont Forget to Claim the $500 Digital News Tax Credit!
Before the disorder that is COVID-19 occurred, Canada’s media industry was already in trouble. A large group of media outlets wrote Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in February 2020 to plea for long-demanded tax and regulatory changes. The letter sought to draw attention to grave concerns on the future of the country’s once-vibrant media ecosystem.
Apart from copyright protection and the need to beef up competition regulations, the group wants modifications to tax rules for digital companies. Such moves are necessary due to the changing digital landscape that continue to disrupt its business models.
Original Article Source Credits: The Motley Fool , https://www.fool.ca/
Article Written By: Christopher Liew, CFA
Original Article Posted on: January 4, 2021
Link to Original Article: https://www.fool.ca/2021/01/04/cra-2021-update-dont-forget-to-claim-the-500-digital-news-tax-credit/
- » CRA to Retirees: 5 Ways to Avoid the 15% OAS Clawback
- » Attention! The CRA Is Extending the $2,000/Month CRB to 38 Weeks
- » Tax preparers and professionals: Here’s what you need to know for the 2021 tax-filing season
- » Canada Revenue Agency: Big Changes Coming to Your 2021 Income Tax Bracket
- » ‘Fear and uncertainty:’ What to expect from your 2021 taxes
- » Latest CRA Update: Is the Tax Deadline Extended Again in 2021?
- » CRA 2021 Update: Dont Forget to Claim the $500 Digital News Tax Credit!
- » Top Five Things To Look For When Hiring A Chartered Professional Accountant