‘Fear and uncertainty:’ What to expect from your 2021 taxes
“For people who accessed CERB based on their gross income instead of net income, as long as you meet the other eligibility criteria, you will not have to return those CERB payments,” Trudeau said during a press conference.
Tax season 2021 promises to be one for the history books. With millions of Canadians losing their jobs and receiving COVID-19 income support and many pivoting to self-employment or side-gigs to make ends meet in the pandemic, tax preparers are bracing for a tsunami of complex returns and taxpayer anxiety this year.
Original Article Source Credits: Global News , https://globalnews.ca/
Article Written By: Erica Alini
Original Article Posted on: February 6, 2021
Link to Original Article: https://globalnews.ca/news/7616996/2021-taxes-canada/
- » CRA to Retirees: 5 Ways to Avoid the 15% OAS Clawback
- » Attention! The CRA Is Extending the $2,000/Month CRB to 38 Weeks
- » Tax preparers and professionals: Here’s what you need to know for the 2021 tax-filing season
- » Canada Revenue Agency: Big Changes Coming to Your 2021 Income Tax Bracket
- » ‘Fear and uncertainty:’ What to expect from your 2021 taxes
- » Latest CRA Update: Is the Tax Deadline Extended Again in 2021?
- » CRA 2021 Update: Dont Forget to Claim the $500 Digital News Tax Credit!
- » Top Five Things To Look For When Hiring A Chartered Professional Accountant